Friday, September 30, 2005

The Pre-Admit

8:00 am, at the hospital. Sporting my new short, short, surgery haircut (no bed head for me) I checked in to Admitting. Then down the hall to some other waiting room (can't remember what they call it). When called I was led into a small office where a nurse (at least she was dressed like one) ask me about my family’s medical history and mine. It seems I have given this information so many times over the past month and a half, to every doctor, doctor’s assistant, nurse, receptionist….Almost makes me want to start making stuff up just to make it different.

She asked about allergies, made notes about the food I can’t eat. Mainly MSG, which she mentioned the hospital doesn’t use. That’s a surprise. I’ll believe it when I see it. She was bummed out that I can’t eat Jello, that clear fluids, old hospital stand by. What will I eat? We talked for about 45 minutes. She gave me stuff to read about what to expect, told me what I can have the day before and to expect to be on the toilet all day with the two fleet enemas I have to take.


And this is the weekend my sister’s family is coming to visit and we are having Christmas/Thanksgiving dinner. It was to all happen on Sunday but my mom got everyone to change it to Saturday so I could enjoy it too. That will be nice. Well I have stuff to get done. Clock is ticking. 3 more days to rip-out time.

Labels: , ,

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

Links to this post:

<$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada

knitter, teacher,flutest, wife to Barry, mother to Sinead and Bronwyn, daughter, sister.

Powered by Blogger


free counter