Tuesday, March 28, 2006

BREAKING NEWS

I got a new job. Starting April 10th I will be an office assistant. It is a contract job; will run to the end of June. My boss is fine with me going to Winnipeg for a week in the middle of that, which is amazing. With my job I will be traveling to Dryden and I think Kenora, or somewhere like that. It will only be mornings, which leaves the afternoons to homeschool the girls. It just sounds so perfect. It fits my life.

It is definitely an answer to prayer.
Last Thursday morning I was complaining to God about our finances, something I have not done in all the years of financial struggle (and we have been struggling all our married life, more since Barry went back to school five years ago so I have always prayed about it, just not complained, not that I am saying that complaining was good. I don't know what the connection is, if any.) Two hours later the phone rings and out of the blue my old boss from an earlier temp. job calls and asks me to come in for an interview the next day. It was mostly a formality. She acted like I already had the job.

Since I took over control of the finances last fall I have really tried to be responsible with them,
paying tithes, not wasting it on stuff we don't absolutely need, and that means even the little stuff like magazines, candy and chocolate at the checkout. It doesn'’t matter if it is only a few dollars, "do I need it?"”

I plan on carrying that attitude of responsibility to the job.
I will go to work with the purpose to serve my boss, to work as unto the Lord. God does care about me and my and my family's needs but he also cares about souls. This job is not just about me but about those I will be working with.

So I have two weeks to get myself and home together.
Yahoo.

Labels:

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

Links to this post:

<$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>
<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBacklinkCreate$>

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thunder Bay, ON, Canada

knitter, teacher,flutest, wife to Barry, mother to Sinead and Bronwyn, daughter, sister.

Powered by Blogger


free counter